Mastodon

7.10.20

Cannon assembly

At last I was in a stage where I could glue the cradle of the atomic cannon to its carriage. Getting the left axle mounted properly was surprisingly tight, now I'd had some use for a vise or something more modern.

They may not be too clearly visible in these photos, but I also attached the foldable step things that I had painted in their sprues earlier. Somehow I had gotten the impression that they were going to be turnable open/closed, but no. I quickly tried as an example to check if one of the large ones could be easily set in to the firing mode, but that didn't work (and I was concerned about breaking the tiny hooks), so I set the full sextet into the firing transport mode.

Atomic cannon assembled

Atomic cannon assembled

Before anything else got done on the cannon itself I was going to have to attack the metallics. The boom of the shell lifter could also benefit from a bit of detailing in the shape of a rope, but I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to depart from the OOB route.

No comments:

Post a Comment