Mastodon

27.1.21

Project I/21

Wizkids unpainted

Last summer I got one of these pre-primed statue-like things for my birthday. As it indeed was already primed, I could just pick up a set of paints according to the back of the card and get going. Fun, easy and unproblematic, and not at all as time consuming as a five-turreted Soviet tank or an atomic cannon.

The front of the packet

The rear of the packet

A pre-defined colour set

I thought I'd just choose a set of paints that were as close as possible to the suggested colours. Seven were supposedly enough, from start to finish. In top-down order I chose USAF Dark Grey as my darker grey, USAF Medium Grey as my lighter option, German Grey to use instead of flat black, Gore Red or somesuch, Medium Yellow and USAF Green (I thought maybe the USAF series were kind of matching contrast-wise) to represent red, yellow and green. The most difficult was blue, of which I had few to begin with: one of the Soviet Air Force's Greyish Blue that I had bought for the Su-27 project.

My seven colours

Megatron himself

In addition to Megatron the packet contained a baseplate, stickers and decals. Lord Megatron only absolutely required one Decepticon roundel on his chest, so I thought I had a positive problem of needing to find use cases for the rest of them.

The Megatron statue with his base and decals

Megatron: front

Megatron: left side

Megatron: rear

Megatron: right side

Megatron: a close-up of his face

No comments:

Post a Comment