Mastodon

13.1.21

Weathering with dirt

Very gentle weathering

Before I started with the dirt layer, I strongly drybrushed the headlights of both of the trucks with off-white (VMA 71279 Insignia White). Somehow the light white layer on top of the steel base has made lamps more plausible for me in previous projects.

The headlight effect

Insane mess-making

As in a number of earlier modeling projects, I airbrushed a dirty colour (VMA 71133 Dirt) from a distance. Time had played its tricks on my paint, so it didn't flow as well as my Badger would've liked it to. Despite the suboptimal paint thickness I got these three constructs dirtified to some degree.

Weathered truck 1

Weathered truck 2


After the dirt layer had dried, I attached the forks onto the trucks. The vehicle #2 at this point looked like something was missing from the deck, but I just assumed that that round hole just was there.

Truck 2 ready for action

Ykkösajokki vararenkaineen

Käyttövalmis ykkösajoneuvo


Cannon, the

I had dirtified the cannon's carriage earlier, now what jumped into my eyes from these photos were those cursed decals with their silvering.

Säistetty kanuuna

Säistetty kanuuna

Säistetty kanuuna, kranaatti latauslaitteessa

No comments:

Post a Comment