Mastodon

6.1.21

Small details

 Fooling with little details

Even though I had decided to leave the little people off my model, I still painted the 280mm W9 atomic shells grey (VMA 71048 Engine Grey). Their tips would still need some steel on them, I thought.

W9 nuclear shells

To get at least a tiny amount of change to the overblowing olive drab, I caressed the molded-on cables with black. Afterwards I wasn't still sure if I should've washed them with black or brown instead.

Cables on the lifting forks

The same cable-blacking operation was done to the cannon's carriage. Here this worked much better in my opinion, even though these were a bit tricky to get to with the paintbrush.

Cables on the left side of the carriage

Cables on the right side of the carriage

Front vehicle

I was excited getting to the non-green parts at long last. Not that there was much to do, thanks to the specs. The windshield wipers' soft bits I painted flat black instead of tyre black and while I was at it I also drybrushed black on the engine compartment's mesh screens. The wing mirrors, extra lights, the main headlights and that round thing in the middle of the truck's nose I painted with steel. All the yellow and red signal lights I painted as ordered, being so small they were hardly distinguishable.




Rear vehicle

The second truck got the same treatment as the first one. Red-yellow signals, steely mirrors and headlights, blackened meshes. This one had more axles visible, so I painted them with the same engine grey that I had used on the shells earlier. Having these axles done differently looked pretty decent to me, so I went back and repeated it on the first truck too.



No comments:

Post a Comment