Mastodon

22.12.21

Creamy royally tigerish workspaces

Off-white for the combatants

Inside the turret

The turret's shell had spent a good amount of time painted white on the inside, but as I had reprimed the untouched parts the last time I now blasted them all with off-white. This wasn't the first time I was shaking my head at my earlier as-if-optimizing.


The turret's bottom and basket with its machinery got their first white paint layers. I knew I had to paint the bottom and rear plate of the basket by paintbrush anyway, but so I would be painting the machinery as well, so it was all the same at this point. The cannon's axle-attachment pieces I had painted separately so that I wouldn't ruin their attachment surfaces at an unfortunate moment.



Untextured cannon

Basecoating the tank cannon was simply as the whole thing had to be white. The gunner's sight and the coaxial machine gun were the noticeable not-white bits in this set, and they weren't large entities themselves. Of course I was going to attempt to make this more believable with the handles and bars, but colour photos of this stuff for reference wasn't really lined up by the thousands.


No comments:

Post a Comment