Mastodon

16.8.23

Two more Points being camouflaged

While setting up my airbrushing station in the kitchen I noticed that I had not finished the Hellbringer's masking, it only had half of a leg done. How had I managed to forget something so essential?

Swearing didn't help here so I mixed my Badger's paint cup a new batch: first some thinner, then olive green and yellow ochre to get a nice-ish shade of green. It had occurred to me a few times that maybe I should've documented my mixing ratios somewhere to be able to reproduce a shade. The I was doing things I had a slightly different paint every time I mixed something.




Now that I knew that the tape masking worked the way I wanted to, I drybrushed these with a slightly lighter (or yellower) green. After a bit of curing I tore off the shrouds.


These ended up nice, the Mad Dog was – of course – the better-looking one. Now I just had to get the last one on the table, so I'd get the quinted ready for the next steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment