Mastodon

9.10.24

Project V/24

Lego 10338

A couple of years after Optimus Prime the next Transformers Lego was released this summer. I wasn't nearly as excited about this one (the Goldbug version was for some reason more to my liking) so I hadn't ordered this as my first thing after waking up on the release morning.

My partner reminded that if this one sold well, maybe there were going to be more. In addition to that piece of wisdom, Bumblebee was a neat character so I wasn't really fighting myself much when I encountered the box in the shelves of Verkkokauppa.com the previous weekend. And this was the reason why we didn't jump from the 1940s to 30350s without a gentle sidestep.


Bumblebee

Building the set took a bit less than two hours in the same Sunday afternoon I bought it. The rest of the family unit were watching cartoons while I was smiling happily by the table.




The roof could either take an Autobot emblem or be left plain with a flat 2x2 plate. Clearly I chose the emblem.



Two options were available for the register plate, I opted for the model 1984 as the one presented first. The other one went into the spare part pile.

On the left side of the hood I could again choose between a marking and more yellow. I had no reason to save the emblems anywhere, so I put it on also for the comic book effect.

There was a tiny bumblebee trapped inside the car. What looked like a hifi set behind the windows turned into a jetpack in the robot mode. That was something I didn't clearly remember from the eighties, but that was a few years ago, so...


Volkswagen Type 1

We ended up with a cool beetle!



 

The robot mode

With a gentle amount of twisting and turning the VW Beetle turned into a smirking rohbut. The instructions emphasized the leg and torso angles with separate pics and the reason became pretty clear when you stood the robot on the table: standing straight like an arrow he'd fallen on his mechanical nose as if struck by scraplets.



Maybe I had some more shelf space for a couple more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment