Mastodon

22.7.20

Interrupted plumbing

Results of the previous round

To begin with I checked what I had accomplished the last time. The carriage rotated neatly on its turntable, which was pretty cool. From the rear end I saw that the ground plate had ended slightly tilted, which in this case meant that if I was ever going to make some display terrain for it, the butt of the cannon had to be on a slight slope.

The rear plate, slightly tilted

A barrel in three stages

One of the key components of the atomic cannon, the barrel, consisted of a number of sections. I took this photo below when I had gotten the three first bits done and squeezed them tight with tape. Especially the middle tube wanted to split apart like an overripe banana.

Three cannon's barrel parts

I had glued the two narrower components together and was about to proceed to the next step in the instructions, when I tipped my glue over. The remaining session time I spent on cleaning up.

That was a shame, for I had gotten to a pretty good pace, quickly.

Subcomponents of the cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment