Mastodon

29.7.20

More plumberiness

Wide ducts

I continued assembling the busier end of the cannon. Below the barrel itself a three-cylinder recoil handling system. Next to it, in the photo below, was one of the core pieces of the gun's cradle.

Recoil system and cradle's core

With one of the tubes this looked like a small-scale Karl-Gerät's gun. The cannon barrel itself was still waiting to be installed, for at this point it would have been on the way more than anything else.

The recoil system and the cradle

I had to admit that I lost a shameful amount of time searching for the teethed piece that was responsible for the gun's elevation. The stepping plate seemed a bit flimsy at this point, but I thought I could strenghten it later, if needed.

Gun's cradle and such

These four rods I didn't clean up completely yet, as you could see in the photo. Fitting each four was a bit of a surprising struggle, but they got installed without much violence or threats of getting thrown into the trash.

The end parts of the gun


No comments:

Post a Comment