Mastodon

1.9.21

A new toy (again)

A light tent

Again I received something interesting to celebrate myself starting another orbit around the nearest long-running fusion reaction. Good thing I hadn't gotten the light tent ordered in the last weeks before the event, despite my best intentions :D Packed up this was a convenient briefcase-like setup, which carried two lamps, and a camera stand with a heavy base that also kept the background in place. There were two background sheets, a white and a blue one.

Testing testing

I was working on the Königstiger's power source, so that's what I used to take the first seriously planned photos. Just to see how these worked out, I took a bunch of photos, out of the sheer fun of testing.

Imperial TIE pilot

TIE Pilot helmet, iPhone7
Taken with phone #2

TIE Pilot helmet, OnePlus Nord
Taken with phone #1

Megatron

An unweathered panzer motor

I was almost burning to take some photos of the tank in progress, but as it was so badly in progress, I didn't want to wait until I reached a particularly good stage for photos, not to mention the full tank being completed. For this business the Maybach motor was a great subject, as soon it was going to be sealed into the tank's hull so that the details would be lost in my awful memory. Only small glimpses of it could be seen anymore, if even that much.

These photos looked much better than what I have been taking for a bunch of years, in the living room, relying on the sunlight and the ceiling lights, trying to avoid blocking everything with my shadows. Now I'd only need my own work to improve as much as the photos...









No comments:

Post a Comment