Mastodon

13.4.22

Priming the default Star

Priming

Instead of using white (or red) primer I chose the sandlike bone (VSP 70627 Skeleton Bone). If my memory served, the last time I primed one of the IWM metallic minis I just used flat black paint as my primer. This time I thought I'd give another colour a shot, even though a grey one might've been the most optimal shade.

Timber Wolf

Obviously I started with the most stylish OmniMech in the whole set.


 

Nova


 

Executioner


 

Adder


 

Grendel


 

Elementals

While priming the Elementals I had apparently been even messier than with the Omnis, the hex bases ended up looking somewhat disturbing. Not that it mattered, the tiny humans would get the Power Armors greened pretty soon and then they'd stand out much better.


 

All together now

It was pretty funny that something as simple as a coat of primer changed the look so noticeably. Had I been a supporter of the fleabags, these would've already been halfway painted into the schem of the Beta Galaxy of the Wolves (some sort of sandy top with a grey bottom). Nope, these were going to be much more cool and prestigious!




No comments:

Post a Comment