Mastodon

25.8.22

A dozen years

What could I say at this point anymore, that I hadn't already said or pondered about time and time again? Nothing new, I expected, as everyone who has met me irl has known I'd be telling the same stories until the crematorium doors closed behind me, if I allowed.

Latest year

Biggest one first, the Takom 1:35 Königstiger with full interior ate an insane amount of time and effort, so after that one any project was going to be lightning fast by comparison. Between other builds I did some snack-like projects, or Lego builds such as Darth Vader's meditation chamber or the fantastic Optimus Prime.

Somehow I had thought that the BattleTech miniatures were going to be super quick to complete, but of course I was wrong and spent a good amount of time on them. I've said it before: it was great to try out some new things like the flame effects and the heat distortion effect.

The Metal Earth Models set that I just finished, if that was the correct term here, was the first ruined one from their line, and definitely the saddest failure in all these twelve years. Of course there had to be some failures to prevent success from going to my head :D Not that the King Tiger had been a perfect success, either, but it wasn't nearly as difficult.

I was confident in the next projects being more successful and generally rapid, before plunging head-first into a longer-running model kit again. Confident but not arrogant, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment